Diving into the art world can be a scary thing if you don't know where to start, but if you take it one day at a time you might just find a niche that makes your heart sing!
Take Pamela Wingards Time to Laugh (seen below) for example. This is a piece that will surely bring smiles and starry eyes to your day. The coastal landscape may be a focus that you fall in love with, and now you can keep your eyes open for more coastal landscape pieces!
You may be asking how do you even start to find a piece like Time to Laugh... A great place to start in finding that style, color, or even artist you love would be an Art Museum. We rounded up the best art museums in South Carolina and listed some helpful tips for you below:
First on our list is in the capitol and heart of the state: Columbia Museum of Art. The Columbia Museum of Art is in the center of activity for Columbia, right on Main Street. Their event team is usually busy planning amazing nights for art and socializing. If you need a girls night out or a sophisticated date night this is the place for you! Check their website for upcoming events and exhibitions: https://www.columbiamuseum.org
Top 3 Things to know about the Columbia Museum of Art:
- The museum is closed on Mondays (makes sense, because no one likes a Monday)
- Tickets are on sale right now until Summer 2018 while one wing of the museum is under construction ($6 for adults)
- The museum hosts events throughout the year that are always a great time. Find events on their event page: EVENTS
After you have enjoyed an event or two at the Columbia Museum of Art, head South to Charleston where the Gibbes Museum of Art is flourishing with creatives and their work.
Top 3 Things to know about the Gibbes Museum of Art:
- Again, closed on Mondays! (I like this trend...)
- Tickets are $15/day for adults
- Gibbes Museum hosts classes where you can learn to make art yourself! (My eyes are on the pastels class) You can see their list HERE.
Once Charleston has stolen your heart, head to the Northwest side of the state to Greenville. Greenville County Art Museum is located just downtown and loves hosting groups from near and far. (A private tour is free if you bring 9 of your best friends!)
Top 3 Things to know about the Greenville County Art Museum:
- Closed not only on Monday but Tuesdays also each week.
- Admission is FREE for all ages (Perfect for that no spend weekend!)
- Greenville County Art Museum has a lot to offer families when it comes to events! Art classes for kiddos sound like a yes to me! You can find the events HERE.
Now that you have been up and down highway 26, it is time to head to the beach for the Myrtle Beach Art Museum. This museum is FREE. Yes, you read that right, FREE admission everyday for everyone. What a great gift to be able to enjoy art at no cost!
Top 3 Things to know about the Myrtle Beach Art Museum:
- Closed on Monday each week.
- Admission, like Greenville, is FREE for all ages!
- Again, an art museum that enjoys spending time with little ones! Myrtle Beach Art Museum aims to bring color into the life of children. You can find their events HERE.
If you take a trip to any of the art museums listed here, let us know what you think on social media! @ChristenberryCollection